Mojave compatibility?

Discuss PowerCADD and WildTools in particular,
and related architectural drawing and drafting topics in general. Moderated by Artifice in cooperation with Engineered Software.

Re: Mojave compatibility?

Postby poolvibe » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:04 am

I am getting a dialogue that says "The defaults file could not be created"?

Other than that, all seems ok...
poolvibe

Postby Alfred Scott » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:33 pm

Frank,

Sounds like a permissions issue for the directory where the file lives.

Alfred
Alfred Scott
millennium club

Postby BILLGORE » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:21 pm

I have Loaded PowerCadd on a new mac mini Pro with Mojave and every time you close the software when it restart's you have to refill out the registration info for both Powercadd and Wildtools.

I remember when Powercadd 9 first came out we had a similar problem. I think the quick fix was to delete a .list file in the Preferences Library. Anyone know how to resolve this?
BILLGORE

Postby David Scott » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:59 am

BILLGORE wrote:I have Loaded PowerCadd on a new mac mini Pro with Mojave and every time you close the software when it restart's you have to refill out the registration info for both Powercadd and Wildtools.

Bill,
Try filling out the registration info and then instead of cancelling or sending the email notification, select 'Print'. Carry on and see if this resolves the problem.
David
David Scott

Postby patrickm » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:09 pm

So are many of you running Mojave? I'm still on Sierra, afraid to upgrade for fear of PC issues.

Thanks!
patrick
patrickm

Postby pbacot » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:44 pm

I just got a new Mac and it will have Mojave. I guess I can back-pedal but not sure on the logistics. It's scary for sure, but my current computer is so old the repair guy didn't want to work on it.
pbacot
millennium club

Postby pjmeli » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:59 pm

I've been using Mojave for a month or so on my Mac Mini and have had no noticeable problems.

Paul
pjmeli

Postby ValmontR » Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:08 pm

I moved my laptop to Mojave 2 months ago and after zero problems moved my main computer a month ago. A couple of long-standing PCADD issues are still present but happen less frequently. And on a VERY good note, Mojave crashed less than any OS I've used. The main problem I have is when PCAD is running and I'm listening to iTunes through an external system. In the past it has not been unusual for a total system lock to happen multiple times in a day, but with Mojave it is more like once or twice a week.

Ralph
ValmontR

Previous

Return to PowerCADD Discussion